Browse through these FAQs to find answers to commonly raised questions.
What shipping methods are available?
- We use using La Poste Swiss (Switzerland) or La Poste France
Can I pick up my orders?
- Yes please feel free to organice a visit to our home studio in Versoix. Just drop a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Which areas do you ship to?
- We ship world wide.
If you have more questions about shipping please try to find your answer in Shipping Policy
Can I change or cancel my order?
- Once you have clicked Checkout, your order starts being processed and you can’t make any changes or cancel it online. However, you may be able to change or cancel your order before it is dispatched for delivery. Please contact our helpful Customer Care team as soon as possible after ordering and they will be able to advise you.
Can my order be sent as a gift?
- Absolutely! You can choose to gift box your order by adding the option to your cart before checking out. We will also include a note if you'd like and we never send parcels out with financial information in them. Please note that parcels are often sent in branded cardboard boxes.
Can I change my delivery address after I have placed my order?
- If your order has not been shipped yet, then we can deliver to a different address as per your request. To know further, you can contact us through "contact us" form.
- Sadly we don't offer free sample before placing an order. We can include samples in parcels whenever we can so drop us a note if there's a scent you didn’t order but would like to try.
If I'm not completely happy with my item?
- Please see our Refund policy
Yes, we do accept returns subject to fulfilment of the following conditions.PRODUCTS
What ingredients do you use?
- All of our ingredients are thoughtfully sourced to create safe, sustainable products that are vegan, cruelty-free, phthalate-free, and never tested on animals.
- All of our candles are made with 100% soy wax and cotton or wood wicks.
- Our products are made using a blend of fine fragrance oils that consist of natural and man-made materials. NOW FOODS is made using all-natural, plant-derived fragrance oils.
What kind, of wax do you use?
- Our wax is a soy wax. This wax is smooth and creamy and gives a great hot throw.
- All of our soy candles are made with 100% soy wax flakes and either pure essential oils or high grade perfume oils. We don't test on animals and the ingredients we use are also cruelty free.
Are your products dermatologically tested?
- Although our products have not been tested by an official dermatologist or Doctor, they have all been through rigorous testing to ensure they are safe for human skin. If you have an allergy to certain ingredients, please contact us prior to purchase who will be able to advise.
Are your products tested on animals?
- Comely does not test any of its products or any of its ingredients on animals.
Are you candles handmade?
- Yes, our candles are handmade.
Are scented candles triggers for asthma or allergies?
- Although millions of people regularly use scented candles without any negative effects, it is always possible that a particular fragrance might trigger a negative reaction in a very small percentage of sensitive individuals. Individuals with known sensitivities to specific fragrances or waxes may want to avoid candles of those scents. In addition, you should remember to burn all candles, whether scented or unscented, in a well-ventilated area.
How do you achieve "smokeless" effect on these candles?
- Simple! Just trim off all of the black bits before re-lighting your candle. You don't need a fancy trimmer either, you can just use your fingers. NEVER burn any candles too close to a wall! Candle care is key! Never burn a candle unattended. We have run many tests and have found that these produce virtually zero smoke and soot, as long as the wicks are trimmed before each use. But if you forget to trim it, it's okay. It will still give you a clean burn. We just recommend to trim before each use for best quality.
How do I reduce candle smoking?
- All candles should have their wicks trimmed to about 6mm every time before burning (and have all debris removed). Also make sure the candle is not oxygen-starved and never burn candles in a draught.
Is candle soot harmful?
- No. The minuscule amount of soot produced by a candle is a natural byproduct of incomplete combustion. Candle soot is similar to everyday household sources of soot such as from kitchen toasters and cooking oils and is not considered a health concern.
How much light do the Comely candles emit?
- Our candles emit the equivalent of 1 candle flame each. The Comely candles provide ambient lighting only. We recommend that there be another source for of lighting in the room if required.
Why are their holes in my candle vessels?
- Each candle is made by hand pouring concrete mix into a mold. Sometimes air bubbles get stuck in the mold and create small holes on the vessel. Each candle is 100% unique!
How should I store my candles?
- Store candles in a cool, dark and dry place and keep like scents together. Candles have different melting points, so never leave candles in your car on warm days.
How do I avoid wax fade?
- Keep candles out of direct sunlight.
Where are your candles made?
- We make every single candle by hand in our home studio in Geneva.
How do you package your candles?
- We use biodegradable packing peanuts, shredded crinkle paper and virtually zero plastic! Our packing tape is even environmentally friendly!
Are your candle containers flammable?
- No, our candle containers aren't toxic or flammable.
Can your jars be repurposed?
- Yes! They can also be repurposed into vases, storage containers, and more. To recycle or repurpose your jar, we recommend thoroughly cleansing it with your favourite dish soap or a 1:1 solution of water to vinegar.
What's the best way to care for your products?
- Products need love too! To care for our candles, trim the candle’s wick to 1/4” before or after every burn session and allow the candle to burn for 3-4 hour intervals, or until a full melt pool has formed.
- Our other products care for themselves, but that doesn’t mean you can’t say “I love you” every once in a while.
How do I remove spilt wax from benchtops?
- Let the wax cool. Use a plastic spatula to scrape off excess and a mild abrasive cleaner to remove the rest.
Do you private label?
- No, we do not do private label but we do love to collaborate!
How can I collaborate with Сomely?
- If you are a business owner and interested in a brand collaboration, or an influencer who would like to work with us, email us at email@example.com
Do you offer reduced pricing on bulk orders?
- Yes. For corporate gifting, weddings, or if you are just wanting to stock up, we ask that you order 15 or more candles to get a reduced rate. Please email us how many you would like to order so we can invoice you separately. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have questions not answered here? Need help with your order?
Feel free to contact our Customer Care team via email at email@example.com and we'll do our best to lend a hand.