Candle Care

Please follow these candle care instructions to ensure your candles burn correctly and efficiently.

  • Trim the wick to ¼ inch each time before burning. Long or crooked wicks can cause uneven burning, dripping or flaring. In order to relight your candle you must remove the burnt area of the wick, whether it is woven cotton or wood, in between burns. Simply pinch the black area with your fingers, or with your measured wick trimmer if you have one, give it a little wiggle, and the burnt wick should break in its weakest point. Please refrain from cutting your wick too short, it must never be shorter than 4mm. 
  • Burn candles in a well-ventilated room.
  • Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.  
  • Avoid drafts, vents or air currents.This will help prevent rapid or uneven burning, sooting, and excessive dripping. 


    • We strongly advised not to burn your candle for any longer than 2 hours at a time.Never touch or move a burning candle. Never move a votive or container candle when the wax is liquefied.
    WHY?  Burning your candle for too long can cause your melt pool to become large, resulting in a larger flame, smoking, and an overheated jar. Please make sure you abide by general safety candle guidelines when burning all candles.
    • Don’t burn a candle all the way down.For a margin of safety, discontinue burning a candle when 2 inches of wax remains (1/2 inch if in a container). 
    • Extinguish a candle if the flame becomes too high or flickers repeatedly. Let the candle cool, trim the wick, and check for unwanted drafts before re-lighting. 
    • Always keep the candle within your sight.If you are going to leave the room, be sure to first blow out all candles. 
    • Always burn candles in a well-ventilated room.Don’t burn too many candles in a small room or in a “tight” home where air exchange is limited. 
    • Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire.Keep burning candles away from furniture, drapes, bedding, carpets, books, paper, flammable decorations, etc. 
    • Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets.Do not place lighted candles where they can be knocked over by children, pets or anyone else. 


    • Use a candle snuffer to extinguish a candle. It’s the safest way to prevent hot wax from splattering. 
    • Never use water to extinguish a candle. Water can cause the hot wax to splatter and might break a glass container. 
    • Make sure the candle is completely out and the wick ember is no longer glowing before leaving the room. 
    • Don’t touch or move the candle until it has completely cooled.
    • Never use a knife or sharp object to remove wax drippings from a glass holder.It might scratch, weaken, or cause the glass to break upon subsequent use.

    Candle burning problems

    So you got a new candle, and now you're experiencing problems with it. You're starting to see a tunnel in the middle of your candle; the wick won't stay lit, or the flame is too low. Sounds about right? Here are some tips on how to troubleshoot these problems.

     Your candle has a tunnel/crater in the middle. 

    • If you are experiencing this, it's because you did not achieve a complete melt pool when you first burned your candle. Meaning, you did not allow the wax to melt across the container. To fix this, use a hairdryer. Hold the hairdryer over the top of the candle until the top layer of wax has melted and smoothed. 

    How to avoid tuneling:

    • Have you ever found that your candles begin to burn through the middle, leaving a thick layer of wax around the walls of the candle? This is called tunnelling. In some cases this is unavoidable as your candle may have the incorrect wick in place and has not been created or tested correctly by the manufacturer. However, our candles are formulated to burn evenly. Make sure you burn your candles using our guidelines to get the most out of your candle. The burn times are most important on the first burn to induce the correct wax memory.

    Your candle won't stay lit.

    •  If your candle is not lighting at all, scrape off some of the wax around the wood wick and try lighting it again.

    Your candle flame is low.

    •  If you have a very low flame, carefully use a napkin to soak up the melted wax when your candle is lit. This is happening because the wax is the fuel to the wick, and there is just too much fuel for the candle to catch. Soaking up melted wax will solve this problem.

    We use completely natural products and therefore you will notice some discolouration in your wax. This is may due to the natural properties of the type of wick used, infusing with the hot melted wax. Please also be aware that we use natural oils in our blended scents and can also cause a slight colour change in the wax. This is purely cosmetic and does not affect the performance of your candle in any way.

Towards the end of your candle you may notice soot marks from the wicks on the inside of your jar. This is only due to the flame from your lit wick and is not a health concern. Simply wipe away with a damp cloth to renew the look of your container.